Vegetable roll recipe – delicious wraps or rolls stuffed with a spiced mix of veg stuffing. These mixed veg Kathi rolls make for a good brunch, lunch, or tiffin box snack.
The narrative of Indian street food has never ended. The streets in India vary according to region. And no matter what, we Indians are obsessed with it. However, the monsoon season poses a risk if you believe that sanitation is your top priority.
However, why not give them a shot at home and sate those wild desires on a Saturday night or evening?
When the “Thela” (movable food stalls) is completely hygienic and set up at your home, it is simple, a pleasure for your taste senses, and for a change, you feel amazing.
The greatest delight for foodies everywhere! Try making vegetable rolls at home for your family and let us know how it goes. All of the items listed here are conveniently available in supermarkets.
Ingredients for Vegetable Rolls
- 1 Carrot finely chopped
- 1/4 medium-sized, Cabbage finely chopped
- 2 Onion finely sliced
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 teaspoons Pepper powder
- Salt (According to the taste)
- 1cup All-purpose Flour or Maida
- 1 tsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 tbsp Chili Sauce(According to the taste)
- 4 tbsp Tomato Ketchup(According to the taste)
- Tissue Paper
- Add 1 tsp. salt and 1 tsp. oil to 1 cup of all-purpose flour (Maida).Stir in the water gradually as you knead the flour.
- Knead it until you have a smooth dough. Keep the dough for an hour once it is finished.
- Make little balls out of it, then shape them into circles.
- Warm up the griddle or tawa. To the dough, add the rolled-out dough. Allow it to simmer for 1-3 minutes or until bubbles appear.
- Turn it over and continue cooking it until the bubbles brown. Add the oil, then watch as the covering turns golden brown.
- Warm up a pan. Add oil to the pan once it’s hot. Add the sliced 1 onion and cook for two to three minutes.
- Add the finely chopped cabbage after the onions become translucent, and simmer it until the water has been released and the cabbage has dried out.
- Cook the chopped carrot for 1-2 minutes after adding it.
- Finally, season with salt to taste and 2 teaspoons of pepper powder.
- Add the Chapati or Roll coverings so that half of them remain on the tissue paper.
- On the surface of the Roll cover, spread 1 tbsp of tomato ketchup and 1/2 tbsp of chili sauce.
- The cooked filling should be added above the sliced onions in the center of the cover in a vertical circle.
- Here is the delicious and simple street cuisine that you may enjoy at home. Roll the paper and the cover together.
Serve vegetable rolls just plain as they taste good the way they are. Or you can accompany some chutney or tomato ketchup by the side.
Tips and Variations
- You can add less or more spice powders.
- You can add your choice of veggies. Also greens like palak or methi leaves can be added in the stuffing.
Also read: Fish fry recipe (step by step)