Caramel pudding is a well-known, rich, creamy dessert recipe prepared with milk and custard powder. It is a well-known dessert recipe in Europe and a crucial component of a multicourse meal. Although this recipe has numerous variations and flavors, this post will focus on the classic custard pudding recipe.
The ingredients for the caramel custard or pudding recipe are quite easy and straightforward. Essentially, the sugar is caramelized to a thick consistency, utilized as a basis, and then placed to the mold first. The custard sauce is afterward added to this and cooked and refrigerated until it takes shape.
a delicious traditional dessert with creamy caramel over silky custard. Caramel custard is my favorite pudding.
Ingredients for caramel pudding
For caramel syrup
- 100 gm cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup sugar(100 g)
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup cream
Instruction for caramel pudding
- Start by melting ½ a cup (100 G) of sugar in a pan. Keep on stirring until it becomes syrup.
- transfer the caramelized sugar into a bowl
and allow to cool for 5 minutes or until the caramelized sugar sets completely.
- In a glass jar, combine two eggs, one teaspoon of vanilla, and one cup of sugar. The ingredients should be well-whisked.
- One and a half cups of milk are heated in a pan. 1/2 cup of cream is added to the pan. To prevent the milk from forming a thick layer on top, whisk the ingredients.
- Whisk everything together after carefully straining the mixer into the glass jar with the other ingredients.
- Pour the pudding mixture evenly into the pudding bowl over the caramel syrup
- bowl should be carefully placed in a pan of boiling water. Put the pan’s lid on. For at least 25 to 30 minutes, steam it.
cool down to room temperature and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- finally, unmould the caramel custard or custard pudding
- Serve Chilled.
Tips and variations
- Overcooking the custard (in the steamer) could cause it to curdle, making it impossible to get the desired satiny surface.
- whisk the mixture smoothly to avoid any lumps formation.
- You can also bake this in the oven.
Also read: Chocolate Lava Cake
follow us on instagram, facebook and youtube