A popular spicy Indo-Chinese chicken dish called Chicken Lolipop, often referred to as Drums of Heaven, is crispy on the outside and juicy and delicate on the inside. These can be offered as an appetizer, starters, or side dishes.
Making this meal is one of the many straightforward chicken recipes available. JF You can buy ready-made lollipop bits at the shop, like the one we received.
If you can’t find one, you may create this at home by frenching chicken wings or drumsticks, but it will take more time and effort. Having said that, you can also prepare this dish with raw wings or drumsticks.
Making chicken lollipops from chicken wings is the most challenging step for a beginner. We made an effort to provide you with a thorough, step-by-step tutorial for making homemade chicken lollipops.
Ingredients for chicken Lolipop
- 500 grams Chicken lollipop
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp Red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Garlic paste
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ cup Cornflour
- 2 tablespoon All purpose flour
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 tablespoon Rice flour
- 1 tbsp egg whites
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 2 tablespoon Kashmiri red chile powder
- 1 tablespoon Vinegar
INSTRUCTION FOR CHICKEN LOLIPOP
MARINATING THE LOLLIPOP
- Toss the chicken lollipops in a mixing bowl with soy sauce, vinegar, tomato ketchup, red chili powder, garlic paste, and salt. 30 minutes of marinating.
- To make a thick mixture to cover the lollipops in, combine cornflour, all-purpose flour, rice flour, egg, and ginger paste in the same bowl. Mix thoroughly.
FRYING THE LOLLIPOPS
- Heat the Kadai until very hot. Add oil and let it start smoking.
- One by one, drop the battered lollipops into the oil with the bone on top and the meat at the bottom.
- Cook these for about 3 to 4 minutes over medium-high heat, or until golden brown.
- The fried chicken pop-tart should be taken out of the pan and placed on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Wait until the paper towel has absorbed all of the extra oil.
Serve with your favorite dip. Share and enjoy!
I usually love to eat chicken lollipops as is, with just some chaat masala sprinkled on them.
You can also serve green chutney and schezwan chutney make for great dips for chicken lollipops.
TIPS AND VARIATIONS
- Add ¼ teaspoon of red food color to the batter if you want the same bright red-colored chicken lollipops as you get at restaurants.
- If you don’t have access to ready-made chicken lollipop pieces, then you can make them at home from chicken wings.
- marinade for at least 30 minutes. For the best results, marinate the chicken in the refrigerator overnight.
Also read: Fish fry recipe (step by step)