Restaurant menus frequently feature crispy corn; deep-fried, crunchy, sweet corn are mixed with seasonings and sauces. Chilli powder, chaat masala powder, cumin powder, and black pepper powder can all be combined. It’s the perfect snack option for children nowadays.
The interesting fact here is that you can try making this crispy corn recipe at home. It’s easy to make with simple ingredients. I have shared here a simple and easy version that doesn’t use eggs.
The key to making a good corn recipe is to choose ones that are plump, slightly firm, and not too young.
INGREDIENTS FOR CRISPY CORN RECIPE
- Sweet Corn – 2 cups (frozen)
- Cornflour / Corn starch – 2 tbsp
- ¼ cup rice flour
- 1 tbsp maida / plain flour
- ¼ tsp pepper powder
- Salt as per taste
- ½ tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- 2 tbsp tamato Finely chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander Finely chopped
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp aamchur
- Finely chopped 2 tbsp onion
- lemon juice
INSTRUCTION FOR CRISPY CORN
You will have to start by boiling 4 cups of water and 1 tsp salt.
- Now boil for a minute and add 2 cups sweet corn.
- Once done, drain from water. Make sure there is not excess water.
now add cornflour, rice flour, 1 tbsp maida, pepper powder and ¼ tsp salt.
- Mix thoroughly, making sure the sweet corn is well-coated with flour.
- Shake it to remove the extra flour, then pour it onto a fine mesh strainer.
- Keep the flame on medium while deep frying in hot oil.
- Cook on a medium flame, stirring periodically, until golden brown.
- To drain off extra oil, place it on kitchen paper.
- Put the fried corn in a sizable bowl.
- Add chilli powder, chaat masala, aamchur powder, salt, lemon juice and parsley and mix well
- Additionally, add 2 tbsp each of onion, capsicum, and coriander.
- now enjoy your cricpy corn with any ketchup,
- make use of frozen sweetcorn. You can also use fresh sweet corn
- crispy corn recipe tastes great when served hot and crispy.
- Before adding flour, thoroughly drain the corn to prevent lumps.
- To avoid the oil becoming too floury, shake any extra flour.
- Fry the corn in very hot oil so it gets very crunchy