A dry prawn with tomato masala is made of dry prawns cooked with ridge gourd in a flavourful spicy tomato masala. Due to their many nutritional advantages, health practitioners favor them. A delightful snack that can also be served as a major dish when coupled with stir-fried vegetables is golden-fried prawns. Prawns fry should be tried at least once by everybody who appreciates meat; you won’t be disappointed. We’ll look at a homemade recipe for deep-fried prawns in this article.
Prawns are high in proteins and low in calories, making them an excellent supplement to any diet. They are high in vitamin B3, vitamin D, and zinc. They are also a rich source of Iron. Finally, prawns are high in unsaturated fats, beneficial to your general health.
Ingreidents for Dry prawn recipe
- 1 cup Dry Prawns
- 300 gm Tomatoes
- 1 cup Onions Sliced
- 2 Green Chillies
- 2 Red chillies
- 1 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 2 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1 teaspoon – cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon – ginger and garlic paste
- 2 Sprigs Curry leaves
- 2 teaspoon – chillies powder
- 1/2 teaspoon – turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- Salt – to taste.
Instruction for dry prawns recipe
- The dry shrimp or prawns should be submerged in water for 30 minutes, then thoroughly washed to eliminate any sand residue.
- Salt, vinegar, chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, and keep the prawns in the marinade for 15 minutes.
- Fresh curry leaves and thinly sliced onions are fried in hot oil in a skillet. Roast until the curry leaves are well-fried and crispy and the shallots are beautifully sauteed.
- Add the garlic paste, ginger paste and tomatoes and fry till the tomatoes turn pulpy.
- Add the marinated prawns/ shrimps and mix well.
- When the prawns or shrimp are done, add 1 cup of water and cook on medium heat for about 20 minutes.
- serve this tasty and delicious dry prawn with rice or chapati
tips and variation
- Marinate the prawns for at least 15 minutes so that the masala gets infused into the prawns.
- Do not roast the prawns for a long time. Prawns just take 3 to 4 minutes to get cooked fully.
- Adding curry leaves and crushed garlic enhances the flavour profile of the recipe.
- Tossing the prawns on the high flame would make them soft and succulent.
Also read: Fish fry recipe (step by step)
follow us on instagram, facebook and youtube