Mango Shake (Mango Milkshake) is an excellent and tempting fruit drink prepared by simply blending ripe mango pieces, milk, and sugar. It is a flavourful, soothing & divinely delicious beverage made by blending mango with milk, sugar & flavours.
This Mango Milkshake is a refreshing drink that can be made in minutes and is an excellent choice at parties. it is an ideal refreshing drink for the hot and humid summer season by lowering the body temperature.
Mango Milkshake ought not to be missed during every mango season for their taste, easiness, and storage. Mango Shake is a favorite for kids & adults. the recipe can be easily extended by adding bananas, dry fruits, and strawberries to have a fruit-based milkshake.
Mangoes tend to be sometimes slightly sour or do not taste sweet when consumed as it is. Mango Milkshake is my choice to enjoy mangoes in those circumstances just by adding sweetness & flavours accordingly.
Ingredients for Mango Milkshake
- 2 large Ripe Mangoes (2 cups chopped mango)
- 1.5 cups milk (chilled)
- 2 tablespoons Sugar (or to taste)
- 3 to 4 ice cubes – optional
- few nuts (chopped)
Instruction for Mango Milkshake
- Rinse and pat dry 2 medium-sized mangoes that are ripe and sweet.
- Now peel and chop mangoes into small pieces, and discard the stone.
- Add chopped mangoes to a blender jar.
- Add 1.5 cups of whole milk. Milk can be chilled or at room temperature.
- Then, Add sugar (to taste or according to the sweetness of mango) and ice cubes.
- Adding ice cubes is optional.
- Blend until smooth and creamy and there are no mango chunks in it.
- This is a thick milkshake. For a slightly thinner milkshake, you can add more milk.
- Check the taste. If the mango milkshake is not sweet, then add 1 to 3 tablespoons of sugar and blend again so that the sugar dissolves.
- Pour the prepared shake into serving glasses garnish with chopped nuts, and serve!!
Toppings – Choose any one of the options given below
Nuts like almonds, cashews or pistachios, or a mix of chopped nuts.
Customize your drink with different ingredients
In addition to the basic ingredients listed in the full recipe below, there are many other ingredients you can include to change the thickness and taste of the shakes:
- Cream– When you add some whipping cream to any shake you get an extra thick and creamy consistency.
- Whole milk – Whole milk or full-fat milk gives the richest-tasting shake. However, feel free to add low-fat or skimmed milk if you prefer.
- Ice cream – While blending, adding vanilla ice cream or mango ice cream will definitely make your mango shake thick, creamy and rich.
- Ice cubes – To thin the milkshake considerably, add 6 to 7 ice cubes.
Sweeteners for Mango Milkshake
You won’t need to add any additional sugar or sweetener to the milkshake if you use really sweet mangoes. If the mixture isn’t quite sweet enough, feel free to incorporate in a little cane sugar, palm sugar, jaggery, maple syrup, or honey.
But before adding sugar, taste the mango milkshake, and only boost the sweetness if absolutely required. Always try to limit your intake of sugar or substitute healthy options if you can.
Canned Mango Pulp
The next best choice, if fresh mangoes are not available, is to use canned mango pulp. I frequently freeze mango pulp and use it in a variety of recipes, like this milkshake, later.
In this way, mango recipes will be available even when they are not in season. You can use 1 to 1.25 cups of mango pulp for the fresh chopped mango in these recipes for mango shakes.
Tips and variations
- For a thick shake, keep chopped mango pieces in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- If fresh mangoes are not available, use readymade mango pulp or frozen mango cubes which are easily available in Indian Stores.
- Use top-quality mango which has a lot of flavor and fewer fibers for a smoother shake.
- Add less milk for a thick shake and add more milk for a thin shake.