A fantastic starter that would be ideal for a dinner gathering! You wouldn’t be able to resist the delicious, juicy chicken beginning dish made with deep-fried, gravy-marinated chicken.
The chicken and breading is loaded with spices — garlic, ginger, pepper, and the spices — that will make your first bite (and every bite after) a real stunner. As you dig in, the crust cracks audibly and reveals juicy chicken that is as flavorful as that irresistible crust.
You can make the basic spice paste in advance to marinate the chicken and leave it overnight in the refrigerate. You can also freeze the marinated chicken for up to two weeks but it’s best to fry it after a few hours.
This binge-worthy Fried Chicken is an awesome dish to serve at parties and special occasions. Loved by all, this Fried Chicken makes for a crunchy snack, which is easy-to-make. So, the next time when you plan to delve into something delicious try this chicken recipe with your family and friends, and we are sure they will shower you with praises.
Ingredients of Fried Chicken
- 500 gm Chicken (cut into 8 pieces)
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 2 tablespoon Vinegar
- 2 tablespoon Gram flour
- 2 Black cardamoms (powdered), roasted
- 2 teaspoon Cumin seeds (powdered), roasted
- 1 teaspoon Fenugreek seeds (powdered), roasted
- 4-5 Peppercorns (powdered),
- Oil for deep frying
Instructions for fried chicken
Clean the chicken pieces and place in a bowl
Add ginger paste, garlic paste, salt, and lime juice. Mix all together.
- Add the spices – red chilli powder, black pepper powder, coriander powder, Vinegar, Gram flour, Cumin seeds (powdered), cardamoms (powdered), Fenugreek seeds (powdered), Peppercorns (powdered).
Mix well until the chicken pieces are well coated.
You can also mix the marinade ingredients first in the bowl and then add the chicken pieces and mix together
- Cover and refrigerate for a 2-3 hours.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based pan.
gently add the chicken pieces to it without overcrowding them
Fry on medium heat stirring occasionally until the chicken pieces are golden brown
Deep-fry over a medium flame, till the chicken is tender. It takes 15-20 minutes.
Once crispy, put them on a paper towel and drain off the extra oil from fried chicken.
- Deep fry all the chicken pieces similarly
- Serve hot with rice, any curry, and a simple salad.
Serving and storage Sugestions
Leftover chicken can be refrigerated in an airtight container on paper towels for up to 4 days.
The marinade can be made and stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. The chicken can be salted and refrigerated for up to 1 day.
Tips and Variatons
- Adjust chilli powder and pepper powder to your taste. This quantity gives a mid-level spicy chicken fry
- For extra crispy fried chicken, you can bake the meat first and then deep fry it.
- To bring more flavours in your fried chicken, soak it overnight
Also read: Chocolate Lava Cake
follow us on instagram, facebook and youtube