Malai kulfi ice cream is a delicious summer treat! Made with simple ingredients, this eggless Indian ice cream is flavored with cardamom, dried milk solids and nuts!
Kulfi is best described as Indian-style ice cream. However, unlike ice cream, kulfi is not churned. This is a fantastic summer dessert. This is a quick and easy version of kulfi. I almost never make kulfi the old way any more.
It’s incredibly simple to make the ideal kulfi at home. This recipe for malai kulfi is time-saving and delicious, with just a trace of cardamom spice. Malai kulfi is a delicious Indian dish to try.
Kulfi, commonly known as desi ice cream, is a beloved frozen milk treat in India. Milk is first evaporated, and then sugar is added to make it sweet. It’s pleasantly perfumed with saffron, cardamom, and rosewater, and adorned with an assortment of crunchy nuts.
While reducing milk, takes some time because you have to stand there and stir the milk constantly to prevent burning from the bottom. However, I assure you that all of your efforts will be worthwhile.
Ingredients for Malai kulfi ice cream
- 2 litre milk
- 1 cup milk powder
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron / kesar
- 2 tablespoons cashew (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons pistachios (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons almonds (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
Instructions for Malai kulfi ice cream
make for instant mawa (khoya) using milk powder:
- First, combine 1 cup cream, 1/2 cup milk, and 1 cup milk powder in a pan. Making sure there are no lumps, thoroughly stir and combine.
- Continue to cook without burning on a low burner.
- Stir the mixture constantly until it thickens and separates from the pan. You can use instant mawa right away or store it in the refrigerator for up to a week.
make homemade kulfi using milk:
- First, warm 2 litres of milk and 1/4 tsp of saffron in a big Kadai.
- Stir the milk while it boils to prevent scorching. Cook the milk over low heat until it thickens.
- now simmer for 15 minutes, or until the milk is reduced to a Quarter of its original volume. Add the prepared mawa and stir thoroughly once the milk has thickened.
- Add 1/2 cup sugar as well, and simmer for 2 minutes over low heat.
- Add now 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder 2 tablespoons cashew, 2 tablespoons almonds, and 2 tablespoons pistachios to the mixture.
- The kulfi mixture is ready to set after thorough mixing.
- Fill the kulfi moulds with the kulfi mixture. If you don’t have moulds, pour them into glass or matka cups.
- Once completely set, cover and freeze for 8 to 10 hours.
- when the kulfi is fully set and ready to be served.
Finally, add some chopped pistachios to the malai kulfi and enjoy.
- In order to prevent burning, cook on a low to medium flame.
- Additionally, you can buy pre-made mawa instead of making instant mawa at home.
- Saffron or Kesar gives kulfi flavour and colour, so be sure to add plenty of it.
Also read: Vanilla Cupcake recipe
- Mushroom Pakoda recipe
- chicken chatpata recipe
- Oreo Mug Cake Recipe
- Paneer Dum Biryani Recipe
- Aloo paneer paratha recipe
follow us on instagram, facebook and youtube