Mango mousse is a sweet and creamy dessert made with mango puree and whipped cream. This particular recipe uses only three simple ingredients – ripe mangoes, heavy whipping cream, and sugar – making it a quick and easy dessert to make at home.
To make this recipe, you’ll need a blender or food processor to puree the mangoes, and an electric mixer to whip the cream and sugar into stiff peaks. The mousse is chilled in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving to allow it to set and develop its creamy texture.
Mangoes are the star ingredient in this recipe, providing a sweet and tropical flavor to the mousse. They are also a good source of vitamins A and C, fiber, and antioxidants. Heavy whipping cream provides a rich and creamy texture to the mousse, while sugar adds sweetness to balance the flavors.
This Mango Mousse Recipe with 3 ingredients is a simple yet delicious dessert that can be served on any occasion. It’s perfect for mango lovers and those who want a quick and easy dessert recipe with minimal ingredients. You can also read Mango Squash, Mango Kulfi, and Mango Milkshake.
Ingredients for Mango mousse:
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
Instructions for Mango mousse:
- Peel the mangoes and cut the flesh into small pieces.
- Puree the mango pieces in a blender until smooth.
- In a large bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream and sugar together with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in the mango puree into the whipped cream mixture until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into serving dishes or glasses and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or until set.
- Serve cold and garnish with additional mango slices or whipped cream if desired.
- Enjoy your delicious and easy-to-make Mango Mousse with only 3 ingredients!
Garnishing ( You can choose Any)
- Nuts: Crush some roasted nuts such as almonds or pistachios and sprinkle them on top of the mousse for a crunchy texture and nutty flavor.
- Whipped cream: Dollop some whipped cream on top of the mousse for an extra creamy texture and a touch of sweetness.
- Mango slices: Cut thin slices of fresh mango and arrange them on top of the mousse. This will add a pop of color and enhance the mango flavor.
- Chocolate shavings: Grate some dark chocolate over the mousse for a decadent and indulgent touch.
Serve mango mousse cold. Garnish any of your preferred toppings from the ingredients mentioned above or enjoy the mousse as is.
- You can serve the Mango Mousse alongside a fresh fruit salad for a refreshing and healthy dessert. It pairs well with coconut rice, which adds a creamy texture and nutty flavor to the dessert.
- Serving it with a rich and decadent chocolate cake contrasts its flavors. Crumble some cookies such as graham crackers, digestive biscuits, or amaretti over the Mango Mousse for a crunchy texture and additional flavor.
Tips and Variations
- Either you can use fresh ripe mangoes to make the pulp or you can use store-bought ones.
- After pouring the mixture into serving dishes, chill the Mango Mousse in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or until set.
- Adjust the amount of sugar as per the sweetness of mangoes.
- This mango mousse will keep well in the refrigerator for up to 3 to 4 days.
- For a much more creamy and thicker mousse, add 1 banana with the mangoes.
- For strawberry flavor, blend some strawberries with the mangoes.