Sesame chikki, also known as til ki chikki or til ni chikki, are thin, crunchy with a crunch, and oh-so delightful. This two-ingredient til chikki dish combines melted jaggery with roasted sesame seeds. A favorite dessert for every day or Indian holidays like Makar Sankranti is gud til ki chikki
With only 2 essential ingredients, making it at home is simple. It makes a nice snack or a small treat when the urge for something sweet strikes, and it keeps well for weeks in an airtight container.
a flavorful dessert recipe mainly prepared with sesame seeds and melted jaggery which basically helps to shape it
Ingredients for til chikki
- 1 cup sesame / til
- 2 teaspoon ghee
- 1 cup jaggery / gud
Instruction for til chikki
- On medium heat, warm a pan. 1 cup of sesame seeds should be added. The seeds should begin to sputter after about 4 minutes of dry roasting with constant stirring. Otherwise, they will taste bitter if you brown them. Place the platter with the roasted seeds.
now in another KadaiDrop some syrup into a bowl of water to test the consistency; it should form a hard ball and snap when cut. else, boil for another minute and then check. heat 1 tsp ghee and add 1 cup of jaggery.
- Set the heat to the lowest setting when the jaggery has melted and allow the syrup to cook. Keep in mind that the heat should be set to the lowest setting to prevent burning the jaggery.
- Drop some syrup into a dish of water to test the consistency; it should form a firm ball and snap when cut. else, boil for another minute and then check.
simmer the flame and add roasted sesame seeds.
- Sesame seeds and syrup should be combined forcefully and rapidly with a spatula since the mixture begins to harden very soon. Mix until the syrup is evenly distributed throughout the sesame seeds.
- immediately pour the mixture over butter paper or onto a steel plate greased with ghee.
- Then using a knife make markings, Do this while it’s still soft and not set. This will make it easier to break the chikki later on.
- Break the strips first, then cut each strip into squares after it has fully dried. It is simpler to shatter them because of the markings we already made. Use an airtight container for storage.
To make the ideal chikki, be sure to read the post’s tips. The most important step in this recipe is to achieve the proper syrup consistency.
You can flavor the chikki with cardamom powder, rose petals, etc.
furthermore, instead of jaggery use sugar. however, chikki prepared with jaggery tastes great.
add finely chopped dry fruits to make them more nutritious.
1. Can I use white sesame seeds instead of black ones?
Yes, you can use either white or black sesame seeds to make chikki. Both types work well and have a slightly different flavor. Some people prefer the nuttier taste of black sesame seeds.
2. What is the role of jaggery in til chikki?
Jaggery serves as the sweetener and binding agent in til chikki. It provides a rich caramel-like flavor and holds the sesame seeds together.
3. Can I add other ingredients to til chikki?
Yes, you can customize til chikki by adding chopped nuts like almonds, cashews, or peanuts for added texture and flavor. You can also incorporate spices like cardamom or a pinch of salt for enhanced taste.
4. How do I prevent the chikki from becoming too hard?
To prevent the chikki from becoming overly hard, it’s important to cook the jaggery to the right consistency. It should be melted until it forms a soft ball when a small amount is dropped into cold water. Overcooking the jaggery can make the chikki too hard and difficult to bite into.
5. Can I store til chikki for later consumption?
Yes, you can store til chikki in an airtight container at room temperature. Make sure the chikki is fully cooled and set before storing it to prevent moisture from making it soggy.
6. Is til chikki a healthy snack?
Til chikki contains sesame seeds, which are a good source of essential nutrients like calcium, iron, and healthy fats. However, due to the presence of jaggery, it’s still a calorie-dense treat. It’s best enjoyed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
- Oreo Mug Cake Recipe
- Methi Matar Malai recipe
- How to make chenna
- Handi Paneer Recipe
- ‘Black Lentils Recipe
- chicken chatpata recipe