Veggie Nuggets are an awesome mix of veggie nuggets that are crisp from the outside and unbelievably soft from within. If you haven’t tried veg nuggets earlier, this is your sign to go to the kitchen right away and make some lip-smacking Veg Nuggets for your friends and family.
It is a tasty and simple savory snack recipe made with mixed vegetables. it is an ideal party starter snack or an appetizer that tastes amazing when served with a hint of green chutney or tomato sauce.
Potatoes are one of the main ingredients in the recipe. The remaining veggies can be of your choice. I have added minced carrots, steamed green peas, and green bell pepper. the recipe is an extension to the popular meat-based nuggets or particularly chicken nuggets for non-meat or vegetarians.
This Veggie Nuggets recipe hits that trifecta of kid-friendliness. Because sometimes veggies can be a hard sell with the younger set.
Ingredients for Veggie Nuggets
- ½ cup green peas
- ½ carrot (finely chopped)
- ½ capsicum (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- ¼ tsp pepper powder
- ¼ teaspoon red chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala powder
- salt as required
- 3/4 cup grated cheese
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon dry oregano or any dried herb of your choice
- oil for deep frying
Instructions for Veggie Nuggets
- Steam or boil potatoes and green peas in a steamer or pan or pressure cooker.
- When the potatoes become warm, then in a bowl peel & mash them with a fork or potato masher.
- Also add carrots, peas, and capsicum.
- Add the following spices and herbs – 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste, ½ teaspoon dry oregano, ¼ teaspoon red chili powder, ¼ teaspoon garam masala powder, ½ teaspoon crushed black pepper or pepper powder, 3 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves or parsley leaves.
- Also, add salt as per taste. Instead of oregano, you can use dried mixed herbs or any dried herb of your choice.
- mix well making sure all the vegetables are well combined.
- now add ¼ cup bread crumbs and mix well.
- mash and mix forming a soft dough.
- Take some mixture and try shaping it into the shape of a nugget. If needed, add more bread crumbs.
- Check the taste and add more salt or spices if required.
- Now to Prepare the cornflour slurry Mix 4 tbsp of cornflour in ¼ cup water.
- mix well water forming a smooth batter.
- now pinch a small ball-sized vegetable mixture and shape it well.
- dip in corn flour slurry coating uniformly.
- then roll them over the remaining bread crumbs.
- Do this for each nugget and keep them aside.
- Heat oil for deep frying in a pan or Kadai.
- When the oil becomes hot, gently slid the nuggets into the oil.
- Do not overcrowd the nuggets in the Kadai or pan.
- When one side of the veggie nuggets gets light golden, then carefully turn over each nugget with a slotted spoon and fry the other side.
- stir occasionally, without breaking the nuggets.
- fry until the vegetable nuggets turn crispy and golden brown.
- Then remove the veggie nuggets with a slotted spoon.
- drain off over kitchen paper to remove excess oil.
- Fry the remaining veggie nuggets in batches.
- Your Veg Nuggets are ready now. Serve them with tomato ketchup or your favorite dip.
Serve these veggie nuggets with any chutney like coriander chutney or mint chutney or green chutney or tomato sauce or dip.
Serve them with tomato ketchup or your favorite dip. finally, the vegetable nuggets recipe tastes great when served hot and crispy.
Tips and Variations
- First, adjust the number of breadcrumbs based on the moisture of the vegetables.
- These veggie nuggets can also be pan-fried, shallow-fried, baked, or air fried.
- also, if the nuggets break in oil, do not panic. add a tbsp of more breadcrumbs to the vegetable mixture and shape.
- additionally, add vegetables of your choice to make it nutritious.
- Paneer can be used instead of cheese or you can use both cheese or paneer.
- A few drops of lemon juice can also be added, for a slight tang.
1. What Are Veggie Nuggets?
Veggie Nuggets are bite-sized, flavorful treats made from a combination of assorted vegetables, breadcrumbs, cheese, and seasonings. These nuggets offer a healthier alternative to traditional meat-based nuggets, making them a popular choice for those seeking plant-based or vegetarian options.
2. What Makes Veggie Nuggets a Healthy Choice?
Veggie Nuggets are packed with essential nutrients from a variety of vegetables. They provide dietary fiber, vitamins, and minerals, contributing to a balanced diet. Unlike traditional nuggets, which are often high in saturated fats and calories, Veggie Nuggets offer a lighter option without compromising on taste.
3. Can I Customize the Veggie Nuggets?
Absolutely! One of the fantastic aspects of Veggie Nuggets is their versatility. You can customize the recipe by using your favorite vegetables, spices, and herbs. This allows you to cater to your taste preferences and dietary needs. Whether you prefer a mild or spicy flavor, Veggie Nuggets can be tailored to your liking.
4. Are Veggie Nuggets Kid-Friendly?
Yes, Veggie Nuggets are a hit with kids! The crunchy texture and familiar nugget shape make them appealing to children. If you have little ones who are picky eaters or hesitant to consume vegetables, Veggie Nuggets can be an excellent way to sneak in some nutritious goodness.
5. How Do I Cook Veggie Nuggets?
You have two primary cooking options: baking and frying. To bake Veggie Nuggets, preheat your oven and place the nuggets on a lined baking sheet. Bake according to the recipe instructions until they’re golden brown and crispy. If you prefer frying, heat the oil in a pan and fry the nuggets until they achieve the desired crunchiness.
6. Can I Freeze Veggie Nuggets?
Yes, you can freeze Veggie Nuggets for later consumption. After shaping the nuggets, place them on a baking sheet and freeze until they’re solid. Once frozen, transfer them to a freezer-safe container or bag. When you’re ready to enjoy them, bake or fry the frozen nuggets directly from the freezer, adding a few extra minutes to the cooking time.
In a world where healthy eating is gaining more prominence, finding recipes that strike the perfect balance between taste and nutrition is a true treasure. Veggie Nuggets manage to achieve just that. With their crunchy exterior, flavorful interior, and wealth of nutrients, they are a delightful addition to any meal plan. So, if you’re looking to delight your taste buds while nourishing your body, don’t hesitate to give these Veggie Nuggets a try.
- Tri-Color Dhokla recipe:
- Oats Uttapam recipe
- Tawa fish fry recipe
- Roast Turkey Recipe:
- Fish and Chips recipe: