bharwa karela recipe | stuffed karela recipe | bharva karele | karela ka bharwa with step by step recipe. due to the bitterness of bitter gourd vegetable, many people avoid eating it. But today we are going to tell you such a recipe for making Bharwa Bitter gourd, which will not make you feel bitter at all.
This is a spicy and tasty recipe and can also be consumed for a week. Today we will make Stuffed Bitter Gourd Recipe. Bharwa Bitter gourd is very tasty and you must try it once.
You can make Bharwa Karela for lunch or dinner. you can make it with the recipe given by us. Maybe after this it will become your favorite dish. Know how to make it.
- Bitter Gourd – 10 or 400 gms (small in size)
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 finely chopped tomato
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp hing
- Ginger Garlic Paste
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tea spoon.
- Salt – 1 tea spoon (or according to the taste)
how to remove bitterness from karela
- Wash the bitter gourd and peel the skin.
- now heat a cooker and add the karela
- add water and 1 tbsp salt
- now boil till one whistle
- after..take out the karela and keep aside
how to prepare masala for stuffing:
- firstly, in a pan heat 2 tsp oil
- add coriander seeds, cumin seeds and hing
- Add chopped onion. Lightly fry the onion and add chopped tomatoes to it.
- Add 1 tbsp salt
- Now roast on low flame and add ginger garlic paste
- mix and add add ½ tsp turmeric, 1 tsp chilli powder, jeera powder, coriander powder and amchoor powder
- now roast until spices turn aromatic.
- masala is ready turn off the flame
stuffing the masala and frying
- cut the boiled gourd from the center leaving the bottom part.
- Do not make a deep cut, the bottom side should be joined so that it can be stuffed. Take out the pulp and the seeds on a plate from the gourd with the help of a knife
- Stuff each gourd with the masala equally. Press the masala well into the gourd so it settles down.
- Heat 3 table spoon oil in a pan and put the stuffed gourd one by one into the pan. Cover the pan and cook the gourd on a medium flame for 6-7 minutes.
- Open the lid, flip the gourd, cover the pan again and cook it for another 5-6 minute.
- Keep on turning the sides till the gourd is cooked from all the sides and corners till they are brown.
- Your Stuffed Bitter Gourd is ready.
- Take out the recipe in a serving bowl.
- Serve it with poori, parantha, chapati or naan. You can take Stuffed Bitter Gourd recipe and poori along with you if you heading for a journey.
full detailed video