bharwa karela recipe | stuffed karela recipe | bharwa karela | karela ka bharwa with step-by-step recipe. due to the bitterness of bitter gourd vegetables, many people avoid eating it. But today we are going to tell you such a recipe for making Bharwa Bitter gourd, which will not make you feel bitter at all.
Bharwa Karela is a delicious and popular Indian dish made with bitter gourd (karela) that is stuffed with a flavorful filling and then cooked. is a delicious and popular Indian dish made with bitter gourd (karela) that is stuffed with a flavorful filling and then cooked?
This is a spicy and tasty recipe and can also be consumed for a week. Today we will make Bharwa Karela Recipe. Bharwa Bitter gourd is very tasty and you must try it once.
You can make Bharwa Karela for lunch or dinner. you can make it with the recipe given by us. Maybe after this, it will become your favorite dish. Know how to make it.
- Bitter Gourd – 10 or 400 gms (small in size)
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 finely chopped tomato
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp hing
- Ginger Garlic Paste
- Red chili powder – 1/2 teaspoon.
- Salt – 1 teaspoon (or according to the taste)
how to remove bitterness from Karela
- Wash the bitter gourd and peel the skin.
- now heat a cooker and add the karela
- add water and 1 tbsp salt
- now boil till one whistle
- after..take out the karela and keep it aside
how to prepare masala for stuffing:
- firstly, in a pan heat 2 tsp oil
- add coriander seeds, cumin seeds, and hing
- Add chopped onion. Lightly fry the onion and add chopped tomatoes to it.
- Add 1 tbsp salt
- Now roast on low flame and add ginger garlic paste
- mix and add ½ tsp turmeric, 1 tsp chili powder, jeera powder, coriander powder, and amchur powder
- now roast until spices turn aromatic.
- masala is ready turn off the flame
stuff the masala and frying
- cut the boiled gourd from the center leaving the bottom part.
- Do not make a deep cut, the bottom side should be joined so that it can be stuffed. Take out the pulp and the seeds on a plate from the gourd with the help of a knife
- Stuff each gourd with the masala equally. Press the masala well into the gourd so it settles down.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a pan and put the stuffed gourd one by one into the pan. Cover the pan and cook the gourd on a medium flame for 6-7 minutes.
- Open the lid, flip the gourd, cover the pan again, and cook it for another 5-6 minutes.
- Keep on turning the sides till the gourd is cooked from all the sides and corners till they are brown.
- Your Stuffed Bitter Gourd is ready.
- Take out the recipe in a serving bowl.
- Serve it with poori, parantha, chapati, or naan. You can take the Stuffed Bitter Gourd recipe and poori along with you if you heading for a journey.
tips of bharwa karela
Q: How is Bharwa Karela cooked?
A: After stuffing the bitter gourds, they can be cooked in various ways. The most common methods include frying or shallow-frying the stuffed bitter gourds until they turn golden brown and crisp. Alternatively, they can be cooked in a gravy made from onions, tomatoes, and spices.
Q: Can Bharwa Karela be made without deep-frying?
A: Yes, if you prefer a healthier version, you can opt for shallow-frying or baking the stuffed bitter gourds instead of deep-frying them.
Q: What are some variations of Bharwa Karela?
A: While the basic recipe involves stuffing bitter gourds, there are regional variations of Bharwa Karela. For example, in some regions, the stuffing may include a mix of mashed potatoes along with spices. Additionally, some recipes call for a tangy tamarind-based gravy, while others use a tomato-based curry.
Q: Is Bharwa Karela a popular dish in India?
A: Yes, Bharwa Karela is a popular dish in India, particularly in North Indian cuisine. It is enjoyed as a side dish with roti (Indian bread) or rice.
- Kadai chicken recipe (Restaurant Style)
- Fish Kabab Recipe
- Chicken lollipop recipe (Drums Of Heaven)
- Chicken Do Pyaza (Murgh do Pyaza)
- Tangdi Kabab Recipe