Chicken lollipop is a popular appetizer dish that is made from chicken wings. It is essentially a recipe for crispy batter-fried chicken wings made using chicken drumettes and wingettes. The inside of these fried chicken wings is juicy and flavorful, while the exterior is superbly crispy.
Restaurant Style Chicken Lollipop made at home, and all in less than 30 minutes of active cooking time! Makes for the perfect Indian chicken appetizer for potluck parties, or to indulge during the weekends! Sprinkle on chaat masala, and pair it with green chutney or schezwan dip.
Chicken lollipops are often served with a dipping sauce, which can range from a sweet and sour sauce to a spicy chili sauce, depending on personal preference. They are a popular appetizer in many parts of the world, including India, China, and the United States, and are loved for their crunchy exterior and juicy, flavorful interior.
Ingredients for Chicken lollipop:
- 12 chicken wings
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- Oil for frying
- Lemon wedges and cilantro leaves for garnish
Instructions for Chicken lollipop:
- First, clean the chicken wings and separate the meat from the bone, pushing the meat downwards to create the lollipop shape. Discard the tips of the wings or save them for making stock.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ginger paste, garlic paste, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder, salt, soy sauce, and vinegar. Mix well.
- Marinate the chicken lollipops in the mixture and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (or overnight, if possible).
- In another mixing bowl, combine cornflour, all-purpose flour, and beaten egg to make a batter.
- Dip each chicken lollipop in the batter and deep-fry in hot oil until golden brown and crispy. Drain on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Serve the chicken lollipops hot with a dipping sauce of your choice, lemon wedges, and cilantro leaves for garnish.
Enjoy your delicious homemade chicken lollipops!
- Make sure to remove all the meat from the chicken wings to create the lollipop shape.
- Marinate the chicken for at least an hour to allow the flavors to penetrate the meat.
- When deep-frying the chicken lollipops, make sure the oil is hot enough (around 350-375°F) to ensure that the chicken cooks evenly and becomes crispy.
- You could also experiment with different dipping sauces, such as a honey mustard sauce, a creamy garlic dip, or a spicy sriracha sauce.
- Instead of deep-frying the chicken lollipops, you could also grill or bake them in the oven for a healthier option.
- You can vary the spices and herbs used in the marinade according to your taste preferences. For example, you could add turmeric, paprika, or curry powder for a more Indian-inspired flavor.
- Serve chickenlollipop as an appetizer at a party or gathering, along with a variety of other finger foods and snacks. Pair them with a dipping sauce of your choice, such as sweet and sour sauce, schezwan dip, green chutney, or ranch dressing.
- Serve them as a main dish along with some rice, naan bread, or salad. Sprinkle some chaat masala or lemon juice over the chicken lollipops for an extra burst of flavor.
- Garnish the chicken lollipops with some fresh herbs, such as cilantro, parsley, or green onions, to add some color and freshness.
FAQs about chicken lollipops
- What part of the chicken is used to make chicken lollipops?
The lollipops are made from chicken wings. The meat is separated from the bone and pushed down to create a lollipop-like shape.
- Can I make chicken lollipops ahead of time?
Yes, you can marinate it ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator until you’re ready to cook them. However, it’s best to fry them just before serving so that they are hot and crispy.
- Can I bake instead of deep-frying?
Yes, you can bake chicken lollipops in the oven. Preheat the oven to 400°F and place the chicken lollipops on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and crispy.
- What dipping sauce goes well?
There are many dipping sauces that go well, such as sweet and sour sauce, schezwan dip, green chutney, ranch dressing, or even a spicy sriracha sauce.
- Are chicken lollipops healthy?
The lollipops are a deep-fried dish and are not considered a healthy option. However, you can make them healthier by baking them in the oven or using an air fryer instead of deep-frying them. Additionally, you can also use skinless chicken wings to reduce the amount of fat.
- Chicken Momos Recipe (step by step)
- Paneer do pyaza recipe
- how to make paneer butter masala
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Paneer Dum Biryani Recipe