Chicken roll is a popular street food and snack that is commonly found in many cuisines around the world. It typically consists of a rolled or wrapped preparation of chicken, along with various fillings and condiments
chicken roll is a popular street food in Kolkata, India. It is made with a fried flatbread called paratha, which is filled with stir-fried chicken, egg, vegetables, and spices. The roll is then rolled up and served hot.
Here is a recipe for a chicken roll:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1 tablespoon chaat masala
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and salt. Add the water and stir until a dough forms. Knead the dough for 5 minutes, or until smooth and elastic. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned on all sides.
- Add the onion, garlic, and ginger to the skillet and cook until softened. Add the turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala, and red chili powder and cook for 1 minute more.
- Stir in the cilantro and remove the skillet from the heat.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Divide the dough into 6 equal pieces. Roll each piece out into a thin circle.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat. Grease the skillet with a little oil.
- Place one of the rolled-out dough circles in the skillet. Spread the beaten egg over the dough circle.
- Top the egg with the chicken mixture, lettuce, tomato, and chaat masala.
- Roll up the dough circle tightly.
- Repeat steps 8-10 with the remaining dough circles.
- Place the rolled-up egg chicken rolls on a baking sheet.
- Bake the chicken rolls for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let the chicken rolls cool for a few minutes before serving.
Tips and variation:
Here are some tips and variations for making chicken roll:
- To make the dough easier to work with, let it rest for 10 minutes before rolling it out.
- If you don’t have a rolling pin, you can use a wine bottle or the bottom of a heavy glass to roll out the dough.
- To prevent the paratha from sticking to the pan, heat the pan over medium heat before adding the oil.
- If you don’t have any garam masala, you can substitute a mixture of 1 teaspoon ground cumin, 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander, 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric, and 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- You can add other vegetables to the chicken mixture, such as carrots, potatoes, or peas.
- You can also add other spices to the chicken mixture, such as cayenne pepper, chili powder, or paprika.
- For a vegetarian version, omit the chicken and use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.
- You can also use tofu instead of chicken.
- To make a larger roll, use a larger paratha and double the amount of filling.
- To make smaller rolls, cut the paratha into smaller circles before rolling them up.
- Serve the rolls with your favorite chutney or sauce.
Here are some variations of chicken rolls:
- Egg and cheese roll: This is a simple variation that is perfect for breakfast or lunch. Simply add shredded cheese to the chicken mixture before rolling up the paratha.
- Vegetable roll: This is a vegetarian version of the egg chicken roll. Use your favorite vegetables, such as carrots, potatoes, or peas, in place of the chicken.
- Tandoori chicken roll: This is a more flavorful variation that is perfect for a special occasion. Marinate the chicken in tandoori spice before cooking it.
- Palak paneer roll: This is a vegetarian variation that is perfect for a light lunch or dinner. Use spinach and paneer cheese in place of the chicken.
- Chicken tikka masala roll: This is a rich and flavorful variation that is perfect for a special occasion. Use chicken tikka masala sauce in place of the chicken.
I hope these tips and variations help you make a delicious egg chicken roll!
I need more information on what kind of food and occasion you are looking for serving suggestions for. Here are some examples of serving suggestions for different types of food and occasions:
- Appetizers: Bruschetta, shrimp cocktail, mini quiches, cheese and crackers, crudités with dip, and deviled eggs.
- Main courses: Roast chicken, grilled salmon, steak, lasagna, pasta dishes, and stir-fries.
- Side dishes: Mashed potatoes, green beans, rice, salad, and rolls.
- Desserts: Cake, pie, cookies, ice cream, and fruit.
If you are looking for serving suggestions for a specific occasion, such as a birthday party, holiday dinner, or potluck, I can provide more specific recommendations.
Here are some additional serving suggestions:
- For a casual dinner party, you could serve a variety of appetizers and finger foods, such as cheese and crackers, crudités with dip, and mini quiches. For the main course, you could grill some chicken or salmon, or make a pasta dish. For dessert, you could serve a cake or pie.
- For a more formal dinner party, you could serve a three-course meal. For the appetizer, you could serve soup or salad. For the main course, you could roast a chicken or steak, or make a lasagna. For dessert, you could serve a cake or pie.
- For a potluck, you could bring a dish that you know everyone will enjoy, such as a pasta salad, a vegetable dish, or a dessert.
No matter what the occasion, I hope these serving suggestions help you plan a delicious meal.
I need more information on what you are looking for. Here are some possible answers:
- About the dish: Egg chicken rolls are a type of Chinese food that is made with chicken, eggs, and vegetables. The chicken is usually cooked in a savory sauce, and the eggs are scrambled and added to the roll along with the vegetables. Egg chicken rolls are often served as a snack or appetizer, but they can also be served as a main course.
- About the ingredients: The ingredients for egg chicken rolls vary depending on the recipe, but they typically include chicken, eggs, vegetables, sauces, and spices.
- About the cooking method: Egg chicken rolls are typically cooked by frying, but they can also be baked or air fried.
- About the history: Egg chicken rolls are a relatively new dish, first appearing in China in the early 2000s. They quickly became popular throughout Asia and are now enjoyed all over the world.
- About the variations: There are many variations on the egg chicken roll recipe. Here are a few ideas:
- Add some vegetables to the chicken mixture, such as broccoli, carrots, or peppers.
- Use different types of sauces, such as teriyaki sauce, sweet and sour sauce, or chili sauce.
- Serve the chicken rolls with a dipping sauce, such as sweet and sour sauce, chili sauce, or soy sauce.
I hope this helps!
- Calories: 150-200
- Fat: 10-15 grams
- Saturated fat: 2-3 grams
- Cholesterol: 50-100 milligrams
- Sodium: 200-300 milligrams
- Carbohydrates: 20-30 grams
- Fiber: 2-3 grams
- Protein: 10-15 grams
You Might Also Like:
- Paneer do pyaza recipe
- chicken chatpata recipe
- Oreo Mug Cake Recipe
- Paneer Dum Biryani Recipe
- Aloo paneer paratha recipe