Peri Peri Powder is a culinary sensation, renowned for its fiery kick and complex flavor profile. If you’re tired of store-bought versions and want to elevate your culinary game, look no further. Our expertly crafted Peri Peri Powder recipe guarantees an explosion of taste that will leave your taste buds tingling.
The peri-peri chilli pepper, also known as the African bird’s eye chilli, is used to create the spice mixture known as peri-peri powder. The chile pepper is an African native that is prized for both its powerful heat and delicious flavour.
African and Portuguese cooking frequently use peri-peri powder, especially in dishes like peri-peri chicken and peri-peri sauce. Moreover, it is used to season seafood, meats, and vegetables.
In addition to its culinary use, It provides a number of health advantages. The chilli pepper is thought to have anti-inflammatory qualities and could help decrease cholesterol and blood pressure.
You may buy Peri Peri Powder online or at a variety of specialist spice stores. You can also produce your own peri-peri powder by crushing dried peri-peri chilies with paprika, ginger, and other spices.
Ingredients for Peri peri powder
- 8-10 peri-peri chili peppers
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Zest one lemon
Instructions for Peri peri powder
- The dried peri-peri chile peppers should first have their stems removed before being finely pulverised in a spice grinder or food processor.
- The ground peri-peri chile peppers, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, dried thyme, salt, black pepper, and cumin powder should all be combined in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Blend thoroughly.
- Put the powder in an airtight container, then keep it somewhere cool and dry for up to six months.
- Season meat, poultry, fish, veggies, or anything else you want to impart a spicy taste to using the peri-peri powder!
- Because peri-peri chile peppers can be scorching, titrate the amount to your preference. If you want to lessen the heat, you may also take off the seeds.
- If you want to add a smokey flavor, use smoked paprika rather than ordinary paprika.
- Use the powder as a dry rub or marinade by combining it with oil.
- To guarantee that it stays fresh for as long as possible, store it in an airtight container in a cool, dry location.
- For a hot and savory main dish, sprinkle it over tofu, fish, or chicken that has been grilled.
- Incorporate it into mayonnaise or yogurt to make a hot sauce or dip.
- Use it to season roasted vegetables like Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, and sweet potatoes.
- For a taste boost, add it to stews or soups.
- Use it as a dry rub on meats like pig, beef, or lamb before grilling or roasting.
- For a hot breakfast, add it to omelets or scrambled eggs.
- You can add Peri Peri Powder to popcorn for a hot snack.
- For a hot side dish, mix it into some rice or quinoa.
- Use Peri Peri Powder as a spice for roasted potatoes or homemade fries.
How spicy is peri-peri powder?
the Peri Peri powder’s level of heat is determined by the quantity of chili peppers used and individual taste. Use peri-peri chili peppers sparingly if you prefer a softer flavor level because they are known for their high heat level.
How long does peri-peri powder last?
If kept in an airtight container and kept in a cool, dry environment, peri-peri powder can remain fresh for up to six months.
Where can I buy peri-peri powder?
You can buy peri-peri powder at some grocery stores, specialty spice shops, or online.
Can I make peri-peri powder without chili peppers?
Cooking it without the chili peppers is not advised because they are a necessary ingredient, giving it its characteristic spiciness. To your taste, you can substitute milder chili peppers or change the quantity.
In conclusion, our Peri Peri Powder recipe is a game-changer for anyone seeking an authentic and explosively flavorful experience. Say goodbye to store-bought imitations and embrace the satisfaction of crafting your own culinary masterpiece.
- Calories: 10
- Total fat: 0.4g
- Sodium: 310mg
- Total carbohydrate: 2g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Total sugars: 0.3g
- Protein: 0.5g
This nutrition information per 1 teaspoon (3g).
You Might Also Like:
- Capsicum Masala Curry Recipe
- Rasam powder (Homemade Rasam Podi)
- Carrot chutney recipe
- Paneer Jalfrezi Recipe (restaurant style)
- Corn fried rice recipe (tasty and healthy)
- Basundi Recipe (basundi sweet)
- Mushroom fry Recipe