Macaroons are a little, sweet treat that resembles a biscuit or cookie that you can enjoy with a cup of tea. Originally from France, macaroons are now enjoyed all over the world and come in a variety of flavours, coatings, and fillings, ranging from hazelnut to strawberries. Here is a recipe for Indian-inspired macaroons that was created especially for Republic Day and is presented in the tricolour.
If you’re thinking about how to spend Republic Day at home, we’ve got a special recipe for you today. It’s called “Tricolor Macaroons,” and you can make it on this special day. Learn about the straightforward recipe for tricolour macaroons:
A very Happy Republic Day to all Indians! I really hope you all enjoy these tricolour macarons.
Ingredients of Tricolor Macaroons
- 1 Cup almond flour
- 1.5 cups powdered sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 3 tbsp white sugar
- green food colour
- orange food colour
- white food colour
Cream cheese filling
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 100 gms cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp heavy cream
instruction for Tricolor Macaroons
- Sift the icing sugar and almond meal together once or twice to make sure there are no lumps.
- With the wire whisk, begin beating the egg whites. Add cream of tartar as soon as the egg white begins to froth. Once the egg whites have the consistency of shaving cream, begin adding sugar.
- In three sections, fold the egg whites into the combination of sugar and almond flour. The batter has to be a little thicker than runny.
- Divide the batter into three equal portions, keep one uncolored, and mix the other two with green and orange food colouring. Transfer three different piping bags with a 1/2 inch round tip to three different coloured batters. Onto the cookie sheets, pipe the batter.
- Allow the macarons to rest for 45 minutes at room temperature. preheat the oven to 300 f. Bake macarons (one sheet at a time) at 300 F for 15–17 minutes when the shells have fully dried. Remove from oven and allow to fully cool.
Prepare cream cheese filling:
- Cream cheese and butter should be thoroughly combined. Add the powdered sugar, mixing well after each addition of 1/2 cup
- Add the vanilla extract and blend thoroughly. Add white food colouring as well.
- Add heavy cream 1 teaspoon at a time until the required consistency is achieved. Avoid adding too much liquid because the filling should continue to be thick.
Fill the macarons:
- Once the macaron shells have completely cooled, remove them from the parchment paper.
- Add a ready-made cream cheese filling to them and eat.
On days that are very humid, avoid producing macrons. Find the weekday with the lowest humidity levels. Best weather is cool and dry.
You Might Also Like:
- chhena Gaja recipe
- How to Make Cinnamon Tea for Weight Loss
- paneer burger recipe
- How to make chenna
- Handi Paneer Recipe
- Black Lentils Recipe
- Til laddu recipe (til ke laddu)